Monday 8 November 2010

About | Rock School Brighton

So why start a blog titled RockSchoolBrighton.com? Firstly, I don’t own a Rock School in the Brighton area so the site was designed to give the budding musician an impartial view when it came to choosing the right one for them or their child. As someone who learnt the guitar form having regular lessons at a local Brighton Rock School, I have  personal experience of learning an instrument in this way. I know what you need to know to make the right choice and what to look out for.

I used to hang out at local gigs and got to know a lot of experienced musicians and guitar tutors in the Brighton area,  so when I decided I wanted to “up my game” I asked them where they thought was the best place to do this. Some also taught the guitar and suggested I come to them for lessons. But I wanted a more integrated and creative environment to get my inner axe hero out there, rather than just lessons. So they suggested a local Brighton Rock School.

I did bit more research and discoved that this really was my ideal solution, as they covered all the necessary bases to become a musician, rather than someone who plays a bit of guitar.  Not only did the lessons get my chops together, but I started playing in a band with other students, actually writing original tunes and performing them in public!

So if you want progress quickly in an enthusiastic and nurturing environment, then joining a Rock school is the way to go in my opinion, no matter what  age you are or level of experience you have. Anyway, I hope you find the site useful, and if you decide this route is right for you, check out the Rock School in Brighton that I’ve featured and they will bring out your inner Rock star!

Here's why I started www.rockschoolbrighton.com and why Rock Schools are a great way to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment